Assistant Project Manager
Wedgewood is currently seeking an Assistant Project Manager to join our team in Denver! This is a great opportunity for a recent grad looking to get in to the industry. Our company specializes in the purchase, rehab, and resale of single family homes (acquiring and selling REOs, foreclosures, and other distressed properties). Founded in 1985, Wedgewood has grown into a diversified, vertically integrated company, expanding its business footprint to include residential rehabilitation, non-performing notes, property management, private lending, brokerage, escrow, and more.
As the industry leader in the western United States, we are experiencing significant national growth, and seeking candidates that are capable of thriving in a fast-paced environment. The Assistant Project Manager helps oversee rehab projects - exceptional organization and time management skills are a must.
This is an exciting opportunity for candidates who have a particular interest in the flip industry!
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Drive-by properties (single family) to conduct inspections prior to acquisition.
- Determine rehab plan/best exit strategy for each property; exhibit confidence and make decisions independently.
- Work with our Interior Design team to establish design concept for each project.
- Help manage upwards of 20 to 30 single family renovation projects at any given time.
- Select and manage contractors/subcontractors/vendors; consistently pursuing and cultivating additional relationships.
- Collect estimates & submit bids.
- Regularly drive inventory to conduct property checks throughout Denver to ensure projects remain on schedule.
- Work with city inspectors/planners and HOA to clear violations and permits.
- Interface with upper management as needed.
- Communicate with other departments to ensure properties are moved through the pipeline quickly, correctly and efficiently.
Other Requirements/ Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred; Construction Management, Business Management, or related concentration is a plus (new grads welcome!).
- Experience with single family remodels preferred but not required.
- Valid driver’s license (will provide company car)
- Aptitude with computers and mobile devices, i.e. iPads, etc.
- Ability to work at a fast pace under minimal supervision.
- Ability to cultivate relationships with contractors/subcontractors.
- Strong attention to detail.