Broker Associate / Assistant
Maxim Properties is currently seeking an Broker Associate/Broker Assistant to join our team. Our parent company, Wedgewood, specializes in the purchase, rehab, and resale of single family residences (acquiring and selling REOs, foreclosures, and other distressed properties). Founded in 1985, we have grown into a diversified, vertically integrated company, expanding our business footprint to include non-performing notes, property management, private lending, brokerage, escrow, and more. As the industry leader in the southwestern United States, we are experiencing significant national growth and seeking a qualified candidate to join our team. The Broker Assistant acts as a liaison between agents, escrow companies, and mortgage brokers during the process of the sale. The ideal candidate will be well versed in all aspects of the real estate industry and must have real estate documentation experience.
- Send cooperating agent and escrow/title any necessary documentation/disclosures.
- Create and Modify CAR Forms or the region’s respective association forms for Realtors & Broker
- Manage important deadlines for real estate agents to follow (loan and inspection contingency removals).
- Schedule inspections, answer incoming phone, calls/emails and manage daily operations of the Broker’s office
- Evaluate each offer and property to determine the best course of action for the asset.
- Strategize to create the most optimal outcome for each asset after considering all factors.
- Negotiate offers, counter offers, request for repairs, etc.
Job Requirements/ Qualifications:
- STRONG attention to detail!
- Strong contract knowledge or the ability to learn new contracts as they vary from region to region.
- Real Estate licensed (in any state) preferred but not required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal .
- Organized and able to multi task with interruptions (30-50+ closings a month)
- Ability to prioritize tasks and contracts each day.
- Ability to effectively negotiate terms of sale and then manage deals through escrow.