Consolidation & Financial Reporting Manager
Wedgewood is currently seeking a Consolidation & Financial Reporting Manager to join our team! The Consolidation & Financial Reporting Manager performs consolidation and provides analysis on profitability of existing business segments and new opportunities as identified and or requested. Develop complex financial modeling and quantitative analysis to support strategic planning. Also provide analysis and financial insight regarding potential business development opportunities.
Our company specializes in the purchase, rehab, and resale of single family homes (acquiring and selling REOs, foreclosures, and other distressed properties). Founded in 1985, we have grown into a diversified, vertically integrated company, expanding our business footprint to include non-performing notes, property management, private lending, brokerage, escrow, and more.
- Prepares monthly financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, equity rollforward, cash flow and various management reports and other analyses.
- Prepares and drafts annual financial statements, footnotes and disclosure checklist in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepares and drafts bank compliance certificates.
- Coordinates, plans and executes financial reporting components of the external audit.
- Supervises and train assigned personnel to ensure development of their full work potential.
- Performs financial research efforts, analyze, research and conclude on new and proposed accounting, reporting and disclosure standards issued by the FASB; prepare memoranda on the company’s position.
- Performs elimination of inter-company investments cross multiple entities with multiple layers including JVs and VIEs.
- Ensure that all intercompany account differences are identified, eliminated and cleared in a timely and accurate manner.
- Calculates non-controlling interests.
- Reviews and provides summary memo on various JV/banking agreements.
- Creates and develops an efficient consolidation process.
- Develops and documents internal controls over financial reporting.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining all financial reports and analysis.
- Owns chart of account structure, entity structure and associated set-up within ERP systems and all reporting system.
- Performs financial analysis on MoM, QoQ, YoY variances as well as budget over actual.
- Analyze trends in key performance indicators and performance vs peer/industry benchmarks, identifying and communicating key business risks and opportunities.
Required competencies and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance; MBA preferred but not required.
- CPA Designation required.
- 6-8 years of accounting & finance experiences (minimum 3 years in public accounting firm).
- Managerial Experience.
- Strong GAAP knowledge.
- Advanced excel skills.
- System savvy.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to perform multi-entity with multi-layer consolidations in a complex structure.
- Ability to research and interpret accounting guidance and draft accounting memos .
- Business Acumen.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-Starter with problem solver skills and a strong desire to learn and grow.
- Attention to detail, good organization skills and able to prioritize demand to meet deadlines.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Forward thinking.
- Proven team player who works well in a fast paced, changing environment.