Wedgewood is currently seeking a Real Estate Field Appraiser to join our team in Southern California! The Field Appraiser is responsible for estimating property values by providing appraisals on residential real estate properties including single family homes, small income properties, condominiums, vacant land, and some multi-family dwellings. The selected candidate should have excellent time management skills and be self-motivated to meet deadlines as this position works under little supervision.
Our company specializes in the purchase, rehab, and resale of single family homes (acquiring and selling REOs, foreclosures, and other distressed properties). Founded in 1985, we have grown into a diversified, vertically integrated company, expanding our business footprint to include non-performing notes, property management, private lending, brokerage, escrow, and more. As the industry leader in the southwestern United States, we are experiencing significant national growth.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Drive properties daily throughout the Southern California area.
- Assist management with inquiries that require the appraiser’s market expertise.
- Inspect the exterior of properties (and interior when possible), determine occupancy, overall condition of property, and quality of neighborhood.
- Determine market value and estimate rehab figures.
- Take photographs and upload to our proprietary system.
- Support our acquisitions team by bidding on houses at courthouse steps as needed.
- Use mobile tools to streamline data quick and efficiently.
Job Requirements/ Qualifications:
- 3+ years of real estate appraisal experience.
- Valid Driver’s License (will provide company car).
- Self-motivated; capacity to work both independently and as part of a collegial team.
- Ability to exhibit a high degree of confidence and professionalism.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; ability to quickly learn new software programs.
- Title insurance background/understanding a plus.
- Ability to handle stress and make decisions quickly while under pressure.
- Strong valuation skills.
- Energetic, motivated, and a quick learner.
This is a tremendous opportunity to grow with company that has been an industry leader for nearly 30 years. We provide a competitive salary as well as excellent benefits which include medical, 401k contributions, company car, employee investment opportunities, and other unique perks. Thank you, we look forward to hearing from you!