Financial Planning & Analysis Director
Wedgewood is currently seeking an Financial Planning & Analysis Director to join our team! The Financial Planning and Analysis Director manages short and long term financial planning while providing Senior Management with analysis on profitability of existing business segments and new opportunities as identified and or requested. Develop complex financial modeling and quantitative analysis to support strategic planning. Also provide analysis and financial insight regarding potential business development opportunities.
Our company specializes in the purchase, rehab, and resale of single family homes (acquiring and selling REOs, foreclosures, and other distressed properties). Founded in 1985, we have grown into a diversified, vertically integrated company, expanding our business footprint to include non-performing notes, property management, private lending, brokerage, escrow, and more.
- Manage financial analysts responsible for evaluating opportunities to improve business unit performance, including the preparation of complex financial models (capital planning and budgeting based on NPV/ROI analysis, feasibility studies, etc.) to evaluate new and existing business opportunities.
- Supervise and train assigned personnel to ensure development of their full work potential.
- Work with business unit and senior management to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Company’s budget and forecasting processes.
- Lead development of the annual operating budget, long term strategic plan as well as monthly and quarterly deliverables and forecasts.
- Develop presentations that communicate the Company’s financial goals, operating results, historical trends, etc to the Company’s senior management team.
- Review financial and operating results with management to ensure the Company and business units meet or exceed financial targets.
- Analyze trends in key performance indicators and performance vs peer/industry benchmarks, identifying and communicating key business risks and opportunities.
Required Competencies and/or experience:
- Capital market/mortgage loan industry experience.
- 10+ years of hands-on FP&A managerial experience.
- CPA Designation is a plus but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance; MBA preferred but not required.
- Advanced excel skills.
- Performance Management.
- Business Acumen in NPL/Lending
- Communication Proficiency.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Strong leadership.
- Forward thinking.
- Initiative - Self Starter - Ownership.