HMC Assets, a subsidiary of Wedgewood, is one of the largest buyers of non-performing loans in the country. We acquire and manage portfolios of distressed debt purchased from banks, financial institutions, and U.S. government sponsored enterprises including HUD, Fannie Mae, and Freddie Mac. Our team is made up of experienced experts in their respective fields including: asset valuation, default resolution, REO management and rehab, capital markets securitizations, and asset disposition.
We are currently seeking a Business Analyst to join our team in Redondo Beach. This position requires strong financial and business intuition, analytical capabilities, and excellent written & oral communication skills. Candidates should be intellectually curious, entrepreneurial in nature, hardworking, have a passion for solving problems and possess strong ethical character.
- Manipulating data with Excel.
- Modeling/ graphing in Excel.
- Valuating loan portfolios.
- Drafting presentations.
- Reading documents and researching data critical to the business.
- Researching new business opportunities.
- Thinking critically of our own processes and businesses.
- Interacting with other business units, lenders, investors, etc.
Job Requirements/ Qualifications:
- 1-4 years' total experience as an Analyst with working knowledge of one or some of the following: real estate, banking, private equity/venture capital, accounting, FP&A.
- Highly motivated recent grads also considered.
- Impressive resume expressing ambition and strong work ethic.
- GPA > 3.3
- Strong financial, excel, powerpoint skills with strict attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a demanding and entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Currently living in metropolitan LA