Wedgewood is currently seeking a Senior Accountant to join our team! The Senior Accountant position is responsible for serving as a team leader in the finance department and ensuring the department creates accurate and timely financial records for the organization.
Our company specializes in the purchase, rehab, and resale of single family homes (acquiring and selling REOs, foreclosures, and other distressed properties). Founded in 1985, we have grown into a diversified, vertically integrated company, expanding our business footprint to include non-performing notes, property management, private lending, brokerage, escrow, and more.
- Records journal entries to account for business activities, ensuring completeness, accuracy and compliance with general accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Reconciles general ledger accounts, ensuring the accounts balance to underlying support and investigating and resolving any reconciling items.
- Perform analysis of account balances and activity and provide explanation on variances.
- Understand, perform and maintain functions in compliance with internal controls and business processes.
- Assists the accounting manager in creating forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel.
- Assist and participate in optimizing existing process to increase efficiency.
- Participate in special projects as deemed necessary.
Required competencies and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
- CPA Designation.
- 5+ years of accounting experience.
- Solid understanding of GAAP.
- Advanced excel skills.
- Strong Analytical Skills.
- Experienced in performing reconciliations.
- Self-Starter – Ownership while working well with direction.
- Organized, detail oriented and thorough.
- Experienced with multi-entities that are complex and high volume driven.
- Understanding of and experienced in best practice.
- Collaboration skills.
- Ethical conduct.
- Mortgage/real estate industry experience helpful.