Wedgewood is currently seeking an experienced Title Examiner to join our team in Redondo Beach! Our company specializes in the purchase, rehab, and resale of single family homes (acquiring and selling REOs, foreclosures, and other distressed properties). Founded in 1985, we have grown into a diversified, vertically integrated company, expanding our business footprint to include non-performing notes, property management, home warranty, private lending, brokerage, escrow, and more.
The selected candidate will be responsible for performing and examining title searches under critical time constraints. The candidate must be able to review properties quickly and make decisions about the properties' statuses and any existing liens on record. The candidate should be capable of thriving in a fast-paced environment, managing the stress of deadlines, and handling a high-volume workload.
- Title Point experience is a must.
- Relevant experience in the state of Florida is a must.
- Experience in CA, NV, AZ, CO, WA and OR is a plus.
- Ability to interpret a title chain efficiently and accurately in a variety of states/counties.
- Extract tax information from multiple tax collector databases.
- Experience in executing Preliminary Change of Ownership forms, calculating transfer tax, and sending out deeds to record.
- Ability to handle stress and make decisions quickly while under pressure.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining an upbeat and professional demeanor.
- Proven decision making skills.
- Willingness to take initiative while also working well under direction.