We may modify this Policy from time to time. We will promptly make any changes available at www.wedgewood-inc.com/privacy. Changes will be effective as soon as the revised Policy is posted unless otherwise stated. Your continued use of our website after we post a revised policy signifies your acceptance of the revised policy.
- 1. Information We Collect
1.1 Information You Provide to Us
You may provide information to us in various ways, such as when you request information about us, inquire about job postings, or send us comments, questions, or feedback. The information you provide us fits into two general categories:
1.1.1 Personal Information
For purposes of this Policy, “Personal Information” means data that can reasonably be used to identify or contact a specific person, such as first and last name, street address, phone number, or e-mail address. Driver’s license, state-issued identification, social security number, bank account, and credit and debit card numbers are also included in this category of data. We generally use your Personal Information to provide our Web Site to you in accordance with your settings of our Web Site; improve our Website; provide you with information relating to our Website; provide you with support in respect to our Website; meet legal and regulatory requirements; setup internal controls for identity verification and fraud avoidance purposes; or such other purposes consistent with the foregoing purposes.
1.1.2 Non-Personal Information
For purposes of this Policy, “Non-Personal Information” means data that does not reasonably allow someone to identify or contact a specific individual, such as occupation, language, zip code, and area code. It also includes de-identified or aggregate data. We generally use Non-Personal Information to better understand customer behavior and improve our services.
1.2 Information We Automatically Collect
1.2.1 Mobile Device Data
When you access our Web Site through a mobile device, we may receive or collect and store information including but not limited to unique identification numbers associated with your device, your device type and manufacturer, your mobile carrier, subscriber status, payment method, your phone number, caller ID data, and, depending on your mobile device settings, your location information, including GPS coordinates (“Mobile Device Data”). We generally collect this information to improve your experience with our Web Site, as well as for identity verification and fraud avoidance purposes. Types of Mobile Device Data that qualify as Personal Information under this Policy will be treated as such.
1.2.2 Usage Data
We may automatically collect certain types of usage information when you use our Web Site including but not limited to your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol address, bandwidth speed, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies (“Usage Data”). Some specific examples include:
- We may send one or more cookies — a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer. Cookies uniquely identify your browser and allow us to help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the site. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the Web Site (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click, how frequently you access the Web Site, and other actions you take on the Web Site), and allow us to track your usage of the Web Site over time.
- We may collect log file information from your browser or mobile device each time you access the Web Site. Log file information may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, information about your mobile device, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Web Site, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
- We may employ clear gifs to track users’ online usage patterns of our Web Site or which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients.
- We may collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Web Site. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit, your use of third party applications, and other information that assists us in analyzing and improving the Web Site.
We generally use Usage Data for user convenience, system administration, and statistical analysis, such as to: (i) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it; (ii) provide customized content and information, including advertising; (iii) monitor the effectiveness of our Web Site; (iv) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and usage patterns; (v) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (vi) enhance our Web Site. Types of Usage Data that qualify as Personal Information will be treated as such under this Policy.
If desired, you can often delete or disable cookies through your web browser’s settings. Read more in Section 5.3 below.
- 2. Sharing of Your Personal Information
The only reasons that we may use and share your Personal Information are as follows:
- To create de-identified, anonymized, aggregated or similar non-personally identifiable data, which we may use for any lawful business purpose;
- In connection with a merger or other business combination or separation (including, but not limited to, a voluntary or involuntary change in our business or structure, or a reorganization, financing, change of control, sale of all or part of our stock or assets, spinoff, bankruptcy, dissolution, or any related to similar proceedings);
- To comply with applicable law;
- To respond to legal process or to regulatory authorities (such as pursuant to a subpoena; warrant; investigative demand from law enforcement, regulators or others; national or international security letters, etc.);
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities (including fraud or stalking), security or technical issues;
- To respond to or participate in commercial disputes (e.g., lawsuits or investigations);
- To protect against fraud, claims, or other liability or harm to you, us, or others;
- To exercise or perform a legal, ethical, contractual or other right or obligation, such as to enforce our terms of service or other agreements, or to investigate potential violations thereof;
- For such lawful purposes as may be disclosed or evident at the time that you provide Personal Information to us (e.g., when you provide Personal Information in response to a survey, to sign up for an event, or to register for a newsletter); and
- To engage in routine business uses that an ordinary and reasonable person should expect in the context of the Web Site that we provide, the reasons for which we collect Personal Information, and/or the ways that similar businesses ordinarily operate, including, but not limited to, the following uses and disclosures:
- To technology providers, vendors, consultants, marketing, and other third party service providers who reasonably need the information to help us to operate and improve our business, including by providing analytic services, diagnosing technical problems, delivering communications, and/or protecting the security or integrity of the Web Site;
- To other companies in the Wedgewood family which are owned by us or under common ownership; and
- To persons appearing to have a lawful interest in the Personal Information (e.g., to an insurance company processing an insurance claim involving you).
- 3. No Sale of Personal Information
We do not sell, rent, release, disclose, disseminate, make available, transfer, or otherwise communicate orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, your Personal Information to another business or third party for monetary or valuable consideration.
- 4. How We Protect Your Information
We take data privacy very seriously, and use what we believe to be commercially reasonable physical, electronic, administrative, and procedural safeguards to preserve the integrity, confidentiality, and security of all Personal Information collected through our Web Site. However, no security measure, system, or control is infallible.
It is important to note that you have a major role in the security and privacy of your own Personal Information. For example, you should not provide us with Personal Information that we do not request. Additionally, you are responsible for controlling access to any personal computing device through which your Personal Information may be stored or accessed. You are also responsible for safeguarding any passwords or other login credentials that may be used to access your Personal Information. We recommend you ensure that you log out of any account when you are done using it.
Please remember to review the privacy settings and security policies of third party sites and services that you use, such as social networks. We are not responsible for the privacy or security measures of any third party.
In the event that the security of any Personal Information under our control is compromised, we will take reasonable steps to investigate and mitigate the situation, including, when and where appropriate, notifying those individuals whose Personal Information may have been compromised and taking other steps in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- 5. Your Choices about Your Information
5.1 Commercial Communications
As noted above, we may use your Personal Information to send you Web Site related emails. We also may provide notifications to you that are required by law. You may not opt out of such services-related and legally required communications. Subject to applicable law, we may provide such notifications to you via email, text message, hard copy, or through conspicuous posting on our Web Site.
You can update your account information and profile settings at any time by logging into your account and changing your profile settings. If you have any questions about this process, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5.2 Marketing Communications
We may also send you marketing emails, including promotions and new product offerings. You can stop receiving marketing email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided at the bottom of the communications. We make reasonable efforts to promptly process all unsubscribe requests.
If you opt in, we may also send marketing text messages to your mobile phone. Standard message and data rates may apply. You can opt-out of these messages by replying “STOP” to the sender or by emailing us at email@example.com.
5.3 Cookies and Interest Based Advertising
As discussed above in Section 1.2.2, we may collect information about your use of our Web Site through cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies. However, if desired, you can change your web browser’s cookie settings, as discussed in these resources:
You can learn more about managing your preferences for ads online through resources made available by the Digital Advertising Alliance at http://www.aboutads.info or via the Network Advertising Initiative at http://optout.networkadvertising.org. You may also opt out of interest-based advertising on an iOS or Android device by selecting the “Limit Ad Tracking” option in the device’s settings.
5.4 Do Not Track
Our Web Site does not respond to Do-Not-Track signals from your browser at this time.
- 6. Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register as users of its Web Site. Our Web Site is not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 7. California Notice of Collection
As a resident of California, you have certain rights with respect to the collection of your Personal Information. We reserve the right to limit these rights where permitted under applicable law, including where your identity cannot be reasonably verified or to the extent your rights adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others. The types of Personal Information relating to you that we may collect depends on your interaction with us. We provide equal service to all consumers, even if they exercise their privacy rights.
7.1 Collection of Personal Information
The categories of Personal Information that we may collect and process are set out below.
|Categories of consumer’s Personal Information collected||Examples of Personal Information||Business or commercial purposes for which the information was collected||Categories of sources from which that information was collected||Categories of third parties with whom the business shares Personal Information|
|Professional, educational, or employment-related information||
|Internet or electronic network activity information||
|Audio and visual information||
7.2 Right to Know
For requests for a copy of the personal information we have collected during the 12 months prior to your request, we will endeavor to provide the information in a format that is readily useable, such as mailing you a paper copy or providing an electronic copy, at our discretion. Upon receipt of a verified request, we will disclose the following: (1) the categories of Personal Information collected; (2) the sources from which Personal Information was collected; (3) the business or commercial purpose for collecting or sharing the Personal Information; (4) the categories of third parties with whom we share the Personal Information, if any; and (5) the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you. As discussed above in Section 3, we do not sell any Personal Information.
7.3 Right to Delete Personal Information
Upon receipt of a verified request, we grant you the right to request deletion of Personal Information unless an exception applies. By way of example, we are not required to comply with a request to delete information if the information is necessary for us to complete a transaction for you or otherwise perform a contract; to detect, protect against, or prosecute security incidents, fraud or illegal activity; to use the information only internally in ways reasonably aligned with your expectations as our customer (such as maintaining sales records), and to comply with legal obligations.
7.4 How to Submit Your Request
To submit a request relating to your privacy rights, please call our toll free number at 1-844-227-2265 or submit an online form here https://www.wedgewood-inc.com/privacy-policy-form/. Your request is limited to twice within a 12-month period. The information will be provided to you free of charge, unless we determine that your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information (“Authorized Agent”). If you choose to use an Authorized Agent, we require that you provide the Authorized Agent with written permission to allow him or her to submit your request and that you verify your identity directly with us. Failure to do so may result in us denying your request.
We will ask you for information that allows us to reasonably verify your identity (that you are the person about whom we collected personal information) and will use that information only for that purpose. We may request that you submit a signed statement under penalty of perjury that you are the individual you claim to be. We will acknowledge receipt of your request within 14 days and will endeavor to respond within 45 days of receipt of your request, but if we require more time (up to an additional 45 days), we will notify you of our need for additional time. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity and confirm that the personal information relates to you.
8. Contact Us
Attention: Legal Department
2015 Manhattan Beach Blvd., Suite 100
Redondo Beach, CA 90278.
ANY RIGHTS NOT EXPRESSLY GRANTED HEREIN ARE RESERVED BY WEDGEWOOD.
This Policy was last modified on February 27, 2020.